Friday, April 6, 2012

My Heart Soared

Tonight as I pulled out of the subdivision, up rising out of the horizon of trees was the most amazing moon I think I have ever seen. I can honestly say I took a quick gasp of breath in of awe. I don't know if I've ever naturally done that before! It was the largest circle of bold orange shining in the darkness in a way that was almost unbelievable. It made me want to turn my car around to get my camera!

I didn't, and when I got home it had rised higher and turned whiter, and what I captured wasn't near the beauty of earlier, but it was just simply an amazing moon.

As Summer and I drove I pointed it out to her, and she said "why is the moon like that?" "I don't know" I said, and we drove on in silence. But then, her little 5 year mind blurted out what made this Mama heart soar. She said "I know! It is special because of Jesus! Today he died, but it is a special Easter moon!"

This was extra special because as we colored eggs last night, she was floored to try to grasp the concept that Jesus had died, and the Easter story. I broke it down as simple as I could, but Oh how Christmas is so much easier. All day I have had to reemphasize that No Jesus didn't die TODAY today and whydidIgetmyselfintothiswithher!, and we would die but go to heaven one day, and ohmygosh fielding death questions with a 5 year old was NOT where I was trying to go with teachings of Easter. I just wanted it not to be all about the bunny and candy.

LOL...anyways, it was a beautiful moment with a beautiful moon, and my beautiful daughter who was one step closer to understanding the gifts of God. #momentofpeace :)