Sunday, May 17, 2009

Daddy's Day

Today we had our neighborhood garage sale. Which could be an entire different post. It made me remember why 8 years ago was the last time I did a garage sale! For about 4 zillion hours of work to get ready, I now am the proud owner of 65 bucks and a garage full of crap, but no really, I do feel great clearing out SO MUCH STUFF. We did have to fight the rain some, but it was worth it, and I feel much more organized in my home!

Luckily Mike had the day off, and was able to take over as Mr. Mom while I was the savvy business woman I am, wheeling and dealing over chipped ashtrays and 400 Disney VHS tapes. (converting to DVD now OmG)

He for the 1st time EVER (pause here because this really is monumental) took Summer out by himself to the grocery store.(she is 2 years old, you do know that right??) Carseats, shopping list, and even an additional child to boot. My man is Rambo.



So when he got home, and I had not really seen my child all day...fed, clothed, or anything, I had to document some of my findings.

Men are so different. LOL!



First off, when I went to her bedroom and saw her wardrobe wide open, and her neatly stacks of paired outfits strewn about like a bear had been foraging through there, I could not imagine what he had dressed her in. He didn't do bad there (although why he wouldn't pick something already matched up IDK). I guess it was HOW he dressed her that cracked me up.



This shirt was a onsie with the snaps at the crotch, but I don't think he felt the need to use them....so he left them hanging outside of her pants...



These were the snaps in the back of her shirt...

This was one moment I walked into while I had the camera...
(I swear that is not staged, I know it looks it but it is not)

I know he can't put her hair up in the cute little ponytail I do, but my poor baby's hair hadn't even been combed...

He rolled her socks down:)

And she was a very busy artist today...

very busy...


more than usual...

But either my way or his way, it's a great way. She got to spend the day with her dad and that my friend is PRICELESS!!