Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Becky's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

(have you read this children's book?...my kids love it!...I have lived it:) Based on the dialog of this story)
.
.
.

This morning I woke up to 4 kids being home from school due to the elections. I think they knew their power was in numbers.

Before I even started the day, the phone rang. My credit card company. Did I spend $532 yesterday at Franklin Covey? Umm...NO! Someone has my numbers and apparently tried using them online! I had to cancel my card right away. Thank Goodness I wasn't responsible for the charge, it didn't fully go through.





I got dressed, did a million and one things before I ran out the door to vote. Tatum said she would keep the kids till I got back. The polls were 2 minutes away. I promptly got in line. In 30 minutes I saw that I had not made good progress. One hour later, I got to vote. It was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.







I raced back to the house to pick up all the kids to take Matthew to his Dr. appt. 30 minutes away. We were late, but we made it. While Tatum and Jake waited in the waiting room, and Summer wreathed and squirmed, I tried to make intelligable talk, and convey my concerns to the doctor. Matthew, after hanging upside down in his chair proceeded to touch every breakable nick knack he could while the baby, disconnected the Dr.'s phone and press every single button. I think she called Australia.







While Matthew and the Dr. finished up, me and the other kids waited in a room off the the side filled with toys. The baby drew on the table, walls, and then pooped her pants. This was when Tatum told me she couldn't find the diaper wipes to pack, so there for...didn't. I could tell this was going to be a terrible, horrible no good, very bad day.







Two floors down the elevator to the women's restroom, after we found wipes in the car, I realized there was not a changing station there. I spread toilet butt protectors on the sink counter and paper towels for a pillow and changed the poopy diaper. (Did I mention that Summer is on antibiotics and there for all poop is RED and sweet smelling??) I bet they have changing tables in All restrooms in Australia.







We went out to lunch afterwards at Max and Erma's because we love their chicken tortilla soup. I don't know what has happened to my sweet baby, but she turned evil on me today. She SCREAMED and fussed the ENTIRE time at the table. Every thing within her reach was thrown to the floor. She didn't want food, drink, crayons, crackers, pluggys...NOTHING. I ate my soup (kind of) with her kicking on my hip, and patrons silently wished me to leave. The poor hostess came to me twice asking if there was anything she could do to help. They definitely threw a party when we left. I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.







We went then to Gymboree to try to find the perfect outfit for Summer for our family pictures being taken on Saturday. These colors would affect everything everyone else wore. I tried to concentrate and Matthew came to me with 10 different off season dresses, Tatum telling me she would NOT wear pink if that is what I chose, and Summer running through the place telling everyone "NO". I finally picked a red tutu skirt, black Scottie dog top, Scottie dog stocking, and a cream cardigan. We will all wear jeans and the girls red tops, and the guys black. They told me they wouldn't take my coupon...it wasn't good until Thursday. I wonder if they have Gymboree's in Australia?
.
.
.





I called my mom. I told her about my day. She said some days are just like that. Even in Australia.