Monday, November 24, 2008

I am Thankful

I am Thankful...



*For the teenager who is watching TV instead of doing the dishes, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.



*For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.



*For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.



*For the laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear



*For weariness aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been productive.



*For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.



*For the mess I have to clean after a party, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.



*For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.



*For my shadow who watches me work,because it means I am out in the sunshine.

*For the lawn that needs mowing,windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home

*For all the complaints I hear about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

*For my children, who give me the chance to see through the eyes of innocence and be a kid myself again.

*For the arguments with my spouse,because it means that I am not going through life alone.

*For the weeds I spend hours pulling in my garden, because it means I am not seeing my garden from 6 feet under.