Saturday, November 22, 2008

Honest Award

I received this award from Heather over at Want What You Have. She is a really neat lady that inspires me to be more! Thank you very much Heather!


Here are the rules that you agree to when you accept this award: "When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Oh my goodness. Time for me to be Honest Abe....well let's see..

1. I guess that is easy, since we are on the topic of being honest. I kind of have a hang-up with this. I always try to be honest. If I am not, I feel soo guilty that it wasn't worth it in the first place. I let it eat me up inside, until I confess, and right my wrong. Blame it on growing up Catholic...I don't know!

2. I cut my hair just short enough to not be able to pull it up or pin it up. If it happens to get long enough, I know me well enough that I will be pulling it into a ponytail. Even if that ponytail is a teeny tiny centimeter long. I had long hair for years, and it didn't matter. I always pulled it up. Sure it could of look cute in so many ways, but I never did. When I made the daring choice to chop it all off, it was all or nothing baby! Now I am forced to style it, and am happier.

3. If you know me at all, you will already know this...but hey! I have to come up with TEN things people!
I have NO self control when it comes to baked goods. Donuts. Coffee Cake. Brownies. Cookies. Yum yum yum yum yummy.
(that would probably be why you see me at the YMCA 3xweek)

4. I think I am addicted to having kids. (Is that an actual problem?) If I had married someone that wanted to keep on having them, I probably would. I am in LOVE with that special moment you and your husband share. Those tender first days together.
I also loved the idea of a houseful of kids spilling out. "Cheaper by the Dozen", "7th Heaven", all the pioneer books I read, make it seem so endearing.
But that idea in my head never seems to match reality. Pregnancy SUCKS. Those cute babies grow up and turn into HANDFULS. God knew best to have me marry someone with guidelines.

5. The big 05. I am trucking along and halfway there. This is easier than I thought. I will tell you something that I didn't even know about me until recently. I am addicted to blogging. Yes, yes, we all say this. But I think I really have a problem. It is like I am addicted to CRACK! Not a day passes without a new post...God forbid! I keep having talks with myself about this fact, and how I need to curb it some (remind the talk of needing guidelines). I don't know if I was happier in the dark, following my BFF's blog and chats with all her bloggy friends, or if this was a release that I desperately didn't know I needed.
Oh what the hell, the cat is out of the bag now!

6. I am afraid of the dark. Stop snickering people.

7. I hate fun-yuns. I am suppressing vomit right now. I am not even kidding about this one. I swear the smell, the word, Oh my gosh...please new topic

8. I am hardest on my husband. I am brutally honest with him. I don't know if it is because I am so comfortable with him, or if it is because we tease each other alot. I have told him he has bad breath, has a booger in his nose, is an over salutator ( I mean really...when on the phone I feel for the other party "Take care!", "See ya later", "Hang in there", "Have a good day", "goodbye!"....see I'm picking on him already!), or I have said "you are not wearing that". He is such a good guy, and takes it all in stride. If he were to say anything like that to me....I would CRY.

9. I adamantly go to the dentist every 6 months. I HATE dentist and teeth (who doesn't!), and I hated them so much when I was young, and stupid, and newly independent adult....I just didn't go. For like 6 years! And then when I did, I had FOURTEEN cavities. No Lie. It was torture to get 14 cavities filled, and I swore from that day on, I would never let it get that bad again.

10. I am a list maker. I have lists for my lists lists.

There ya go. I am out and proud! Now the FUN part...picking my 7!

1. Of course I pick Heather. She is my best friend and I love her so much (although she is the one that got me hooked on blogging) We exercise together, we laugh together, we vent together, we share our lives daily.

2. Jennifer at The Fun House. I think she is great! She is one of the first blogs I found on my own, and left a comment. And she left a comment back! And she keeps doing it!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool. She also has a very funny blog, and a great family (Dr. Hoppy included!).

3.Lula. She is so funny with her comments, and she LOVES my apple cake. Need I say more?

4. Catherine. She is a cool cat, and a real life blog friend.

5. Heather from Sugar and Spice. Mother to 3. All boys! Gotta love her!

6. Jenny and the Princess Peonies. This cool mom has just started visiting me. She has great taste in books, and music. Although I really don't know what a peonie is (flower?)
7.Michelle from Tales from the Lunchroom. She is my best friends sister. And I get to meet her for the first time tonight. Live. And in Person. Very Cool!
8.Jennifer from What's shakin. She is sweet and I love reading her blog. She is very poetic at times, which interests me.
9.Betty at Keeper of the Skys. I LOVE Betty. She is so darn cute!
10. Aubrey from the Fab Five. This was a very long award and post, and it is payback for a future blog game I wanted to play with her where you come up with a certain letter for favorite things. And she gave me the letter "O"!! Like in OH my gosh, how am I going to do this?!! (She has a very cute blog too!)