Sunday, February 27, 2011

Early Gift

When visiting Lacey, she gave me my birthday gift early. There is something to be said about gifts from friends. When they know you in and out and try so hard to give you something of meaning. Lacey couldn't of done a better job. I love history, I love photography, I love antique objects....things with stories.

She had come across an old Kodak camera from 1912. The accordion fold in the middle is almost perfect. Back in that time, it had to of been a wonder to own something so small and convenient. It collapses into such a small camera. The kids and I have finally figured out how to look through it, which of course is from above with your desired picture being backwards and blurred.

I think Tatum said it best when she saw it. She said "that's a perfect gift for you, mom!