Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Best Mother's Day Ever

This past Mother's day was busy.

I woke up to nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Mike had to get to work and I got the kids packed up and went to church alone.

I tried to have a big girl approach about it and failed miserably. Not a gift. Not a flower. Not a breakfast in bed. My poor husband has paid for it horribly this week I'm afraid.

I had planned a fabulous dinner out that evening for my mom, which we did do, and that was simply...fabulous. We had a great time and the kids really enjoyed their first time trying the Melting Pot.

I have to admit, I was envious reading everyone's wonderful Mother's Day post about the wonderful things their families did for them. I could kick myself now, because I got served a piece of wonderful humble pie.

My eight year Matty has been sitting on a $10 gift card that he got for Christmas to the dollar tree. ( a store that sells everything for a dollar...I'm sure everyone has something like that around!) He excitedly told me that he wanted to take me there so he could buy me a gift since I didn't get one.

On the way there his story changed a bit, and he asked if it would be alright since it was a neighbor boys birthday if he bought 3 gifts for Mark...3 gifts for me...and 3 gift for him...LOL! I said "Of Course! It is your money honey!" (the last dollar to be used for tax)

When it was time to check out I surprised him with paying the tax and let him pick ONE more gift out for himself. Lol...he choose a bag of lemon heads candy... which he has been carrying around in a coffee cup ever since drinking/eating out of!

MY loot included {{ahem}}

**a brush

**those hair removal pads as seen on tv! Lassy Legs!

** and a pretty thing to hang from our tree
I really am the luckiest mom in the world!