Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Muddling Through January

The winter has become the hardest months for me to get through. For some reason, I have become unable to handle the cold in the last few years so that I am just so bitter cold every day, all the time. I freeze. My only solace is to once a day get into a steaming hot tub and burn it out of me. I never use to be like this and can't understand why my 35 year old body won't cooperate! I use to be the teenage girl that ran around with no coat or shoes and embraced any weather. I am not happy with who this body has become.

We have had bitter cold here and much ice and snow. It started early for us and December was filled with snow days for the kids already. Last week poor Tatum had her first experience with icy roads and slid. Thank the good Lord that She was okay, others were okay, and the only thing harmed was a mailbox. She was so shaken up by it, I am also really glad she has this experience under her belt. We had wonderful angel neighbors step in who drove her car home and drove her home and walked her through her first scary wreck. I am so thankful to them!

The kids are home for a snow day today...Matthew would be home again anyways because the poor fellow has strep, we have got antibiotics knocking that out of him, poor fellow! I am s.l.o.w.l.y recovering with an injured rib that that has been bugging me for about 6 weeks. Finally went to the ER the other night to make sure there was no breakage or crack. I have good meds and am taking to slow.

Today we are kind of just snowed in and I think will be just alot of laundry and tv and together. Sounds good to me :) Mike is out working in this though, and it won't be complete till he is home safe!