Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tatum's 16th Birthday

Today was the official day! Tatum's 16th Birthday was here:) Our house was a flutter in preparation for the special day! We had plans:) BIG plans!!!

In the morning Tatum had to work, and that gave us all time to prepare. Pick up the cake, clean up the house, wrap the gift, and last minute details...

We had planned for a special dinner out with just Tatum and her two best friends. Mike and I and the girls. We had hired her good friends Cole and Abby to babysit the boys and Summer while we went out, and when we got back a group of friends would have a bonfire in the backyard.


The cake turned out amazing! I was so happy with it!! It tasted just as good as it looked:)
{{can you believe I had it made at Walmart??}}


Right after she got home from work, Lindsey got here. Lindsey and Tatum have been best friends since they were 3 and 4. We couldn't imagine a birthday with out her!
Now here is the BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!!
{{look at Lindsey entertaining herself, Lol!}}
a box in a box...
a box in a box...
"there better not be another box in here"...she said, Lol!
ohhh....
a key?????
A KEY!!!!
{{Unfortunately the car is not here until Tuesday:( It is still "getting ready" It is a 1993 (Tatum's birth year!) Nissan Sentra (my first car!). Its a sign I tell you!}}
Then fancied up, picked up Danielle, and off to Beni Hana's....

We had a fantastic time. The girls did great trying new foods, and it was so fun being in that atmosphere.
{{{funny story}}} Mike and I got Mai Ti's to drink. The girls all got frosty non alcoholic drinks. We shared the table with another couple. When the waitress brought us all our drinks the man said " I thought you said they were 16!" I guess he was kidding, but I didn't catch that and I said "Oh! Their all virgins!" When I realized what I said, I quickly said "I mean their drinks are all virgins!" Well of course that didn't sound right either and by now everyone is laughing and I am getting embarrassed. So I said "EVERYTHING at the table is virgins!!!" LOL!
This was the rice he made into the shape of a heart...
And he had Tate stand up so we all could sing Happy Birthday to her...

He did mean tricks juggling eggs...
And No night is complete without the kiddy hats:)

When we got home they bundled up and went out for the bonfire...
and trampoline...
as I type this they are still out there:)
All in all I think she had a pretty fantastic day. One she will remember her whole life. A special special day just for her.