Saturday, December 5, 2009

I laughed, I cried, I felt like nails were going down a chalkboard...



The Christmas season brings out the golden goodies. Those special songs that are saved just for December, and that are heard in all the stores, and playing from all radios. Timeless songs that stay the same. Most of the songs that they play at Christmas are the same ones I can remember hearing as a little girl playing from our record player. We had "special" albums. Ones that were just for Christmas. I still can remember the covers. (Mom...remember the one of the Kingston Trio ringing the doorbell??) Of course new artists remake the songs, but most of the actual songs are still the same. Some though can never be touched like Bing Crosby's Silver Bells, or Burl Ive's Frosty the Snowman.





So when we are in the car, I always turn on the all Christmas music station. All I can say is you can tell is I am a sack of hormonal crazy.





"Mary Did you Know" is on, and I am deep in thought, feeling emotion, and getting the true essence of Christmas meaning. Can you imagine. People in the cars next to me must think I am a cornball, as I wipe my misty eyes. I swear this season stirs ups all kinds of emotions. My somber comrade sits strapped in her car seat.





"Baby It's Cold Outside" comes on, and the mood is switched to frisky and playful. Summer is delighting in the beat, and we are in the mood for snow!





"Last Christmas, I gave you My Heart" by Wham comes on then. UUgghh!!! Freaking kill me now!!! Why oh why is this even considered a Christmas song!?!?! I am immediately hateful.





Hateful??





Was I just crying over Virgin Mary, and a little George Michael can do this to me!!!





Oh thank goodness I alternate between 2 stations and we are on to "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". Summer is half wild in the back and singing along. Good Stuff. Classic.