Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Grand Tour

I'm nosey. Okay...not really. But I am very curious about seeing the insides of peoples houses. They interest me! How they are laid out. How they decorate. How other people do things, live their daily lives.
Back when Mike and I were first married and live in a home that had wheels stored underneath, we would pack up our baby and actually drive to other neighborhoods to take walks and look at the houses. Nigh time was the best because if their windows were lit you could catch a glimpse of the house inside.

So, with spring cleaning in full effect (believe me people when I say my house does NOT always look this clean:) and the carpet cleaners having just left, I thought, "what a better time to take you on a tour!" I have seen this done before on other blogs, and I only hope it encourages more of you to do it for those of us that enjoy it SO MUCH! (so consider yourself tagged!)

When you walk in the front door this is the front hall...
let's go up the stairs 1st....
this is the overlook from the open upstairs hall...
This is a little nook that is decorated above the front door. That chest I painted and that baptismal gown my grandmother made, and my mother and my boys and Summer were Baptised in it.
This is Mike and I's bedroom...

This is our adjoining bathroom...
Next room down is the nursery...
then Tatums...
then into the boys room...

this is the kids bathroom...
back down the hall to the stairs...
back on the 1st floor, right by the front door is our office...(still need to spring clean in here!)
remember the wall of pictures...
then there is a hallway with our garage, laundry room, and cowboy bathroom, and closet...
back up to the front door, to the right is our dining room...
where I keep all my family history pictures...
and that leads into the red room....
Looking from the red room back into the dining room...
The Kitchen...
The walls were painted this cool Southwestern swirl when we moved here. Lacey commented recently that she like our kitchen, which inspired this whole dang post, especially since she just bought her first house...so hope you enjoy this Lace, because this is proving to be alot more work than I thought! Ugh!

Our Family Room...

And that's it!
I hope you like my tour! Now show me yours!