Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Humbled By A Nurse

I'm digesting this 35 year old thing pretty well. If your an overthinker (who me??), you would have thought by now that your 20's are young. When you reach 30 you console yourself that you are still closer to your 20's than not. When you turn 31, you are rounding still to 30! Same with 32, 33, and 34. Big ol' 35 sucks cause you know what they taught in school about 5's. Five and up get's rounded to the next 10.

Forty. (ick...did I just type that?? I'm so not even CLOSE to 40!)

So you can imagine the drama that went on in MY head to get me over this hump. And I did! I was. I thought...

Today I am sitting in the Dr's office (we are flying out of the country for our getaway {{double excited EEK!!!}} on Sunday and I have trouble with my ears and this cold I just can't get over) and the nurse is going over her little pre exam talk she does.

Nurse: So how old are you...

Me: I will be 35 on Friday, but I am 34 today...

Nurse: {{no hesitation, straight INFORTHEKILL}} so have you had a rectal thermal blah blah exam? (I actually don't know what she called it, I really wasn't paying too much attention at this point because I didn't see this coming, but my ears did prick up at RECTAL)

Me: (still confused at where this was going) HuH...Wha...ummm...noooo.

Nurse: Have you had a Mammogram???

Me: (starting to catch on) Um....nooooo...

Nurse: (continuing with line of fire) Have you had a COLONOSCOPY???

Me: : (SURELY this could be taken down a notch....do I need to be looking into Boniva or something??) No, I haven't.....

{{{{{SOB}}}}} So now I have come to the conclusion again, THAT I AM GETTING OLD! {{DOUBLE SOB}}}

(and I might need a COLONOSCOPY!!!!!! ack!!!!)

This is serious stuff people....