Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rainy Night

It is grey and rainy here. Just kind of a cold and melancholy day. A day that we just kind of snuggle in and count our blessings for all we have.

I am blessed beyond measure, don't get me wrong, but have had a heavy heart with all that seems to be swirling around.



My mind has been on Yaya and her recent disappointment, and her up and down 7 year battle with trying so hard to become a mom. Even though I don't know her in Real life, I have gotten to know her through her blog, and my heart aches for her. She has a beautiful spirit that shines through in her personality and I know one day she will get to meet her baby, and we all will celebrate! But how hard it is until then to see how rough this journey is.



My mind is on my Mom's husband's best friend, who died unexpectedly the other day. A healthy full of life man, riding his bike home with golf clubs thrown on the back after playing a round of golf, had a heart attack on the side of the road. His wife is so sad and alone. She is going to have to learn the dance of life without her mate. The holidays are coming. Sometimes it just seems to much to take in.

He was Jack's best friend for 40 years. His best man at my mom and his wedding. I am just sad for everyone involved. We will miss your antics, Paul.



And I guess holding this little one that doesn't seem to get better quick enough for Mama. My heart goes out to all the parents who day in and out take care of terminally ill children. How strong you must be!



I know all things happen for reasons, and we must take a learn from them what we can. That good and bad are gifts/chances/opportunities for us to grow, learn, and build upon.



So tonight, on this rainy blustery night, I will say a prayer of thankfulness for all of these people and insights that have crossed my path, and I will say a prayer for each of the people in my life and know that God has a purpose and plan for each of us. And that we need to always be working on that.