Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Preperations

These are our cupcakes we attempted today. The house is aflutter with preparing for Thanksgiving. It is the one holiday that we host at our house. Christmas, Easter, and 4th of July is always at Mom's house, but Thanksgiving has become ours. Some years it has seated many, but usually it is a small affair with just my Mom and her husband coming, and my Uncle John.

Since it our only holiday, I usually try to make it really special somehow. The kids and I worked on these leaf cupcakes today:)

You take actual leaves, and after you wash and dry them you paint them with chocolate! ( then after the chocolate is dry you peel off the leave waa-laa!)
Here was the sweetest helper...


The acorns were adorable and balled up pieces of carmel, dipped in chocolate, dipped in sprinkles.
Even our place markers matched with the leaves theme this year...

And of course alot of cleaning is done! Mike is the turkey guy, (I have never done one!) and my mom does the stuffing and sweet potatoes. It is all coming together!
The kids are off of school now, and looking forward to a 5 day break:) I sure do love the holidays!