Sunday, November 29, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Today we finished putting up the Christmas Tree.

Putting up our tree is like walking down memory lane. Alot of homemade ornaments, ornaments from my childhood, and new ones that have meaning to each new year that we are a family.

I thought I would share with you a couple of my favorites...

My mom usually makes an ornament with the kids as a present for us each Christmas, and this one year she really out did herself. I don't know if you can see the actual hair that she cut off my baby girl that year, but oh she did and glued it to the back! This is Tatum as an angel around age 3. The halo has since fallen off...
When my parents were newly married they had no money, and for ornaments my mom made them. This is one saved from then. It is a lightbulb decorated...
This is my favorite picture of Jake around age 2 losing his mind from Santa...(Tatum doesn't seem fazed, Lol)
This is Matthew the snowman (another grandma project) when he was 1....
This ornament is from Mike and I's very first Christmas together. We had only been dating about 6 weeks and got engaged that Christmas! We got married that February....and that's all she wrote!
This is from my childhood. It is of my cat Grizilda. (Mom...that isn't really Grizilda hair is it?!?!?!)
This is Santa Jake, age 2...
And this is our 2009 ornament. I had it made on our trip to Myrtle Beach this September...
The finished job!