Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two 15 year olds and a paintbrush~Bathroom Renevation!

Last weekend Tatum got inspired (or irritated enough by two younger brothers constantly interrupting her long spa like baths, needing their {{gasp}} toothbrushes!) to clean up and decorate the basement bathroom.
Desperate times call for desperate measures!

This bathroom is where the cat boxes are kept, and honestly I have done nothing with it since we moved here 4 years ago. So I of course was all for it! Anything for the good of the house, and keeping the peace.

She took her babysitting money, (and alot of my credit card) and chose a shower curtain, hooks, a mirror, and paint. Then this weekend, her and her friend were set loose to paint. 100% was done by them. I did not paint a drop. There was proof of this up and down their legs and faces;)

Here is the BEFORE:
And here is the AFTER:


I have to say I am pretty proud. Not only did it turn out pretty good, but there has been no back peddling due to spiders or coldness, or cat smell. We even bought the flushable kind, so she just scoops and flushes each morning. This has been a win win win situation!