Monday, December 15, 2008

Fun Night Out



Last night I got to go out with one of my great friends. She and I have known each other for over 11 years now. We have gotten to watch each others daughter's grow up and gotten to know each other's family so well.


Cindy and I met in 1997 when we moved in 2 doors down. Her daughter was 3 and mine was soon to turn 4. They became fast friends, and have stayed that way through the years. There have been many sleepovers, birthdays, summer nights catching lightning bugs, and snow days building snowmen. I babysat Lindsey through the summers and after school too for some of those years. She comfortably fits right into a nook in our family, the boys loving her just like a sister, and Tatum wishing she was one:)


Now Cindy and I couldn't be more polar opposites. She is an educated career women who after college sought out a great job in journalism, and took her time getting married and having a family. You all know my story of getting married in High School, no college, kids right away. To put it gently, she had her 1st baby at the age that when I am that age, my 1st baby will be 21. But there was no hesitation with Cindy....there isn't. No judgement. She had to of looked at that 22 year old playing house 9 months pregnant with her 2nd child and thought "Good Night!" But instead, she was just a friend. And she has been ever since! We have found many things we have in common, starting with our daughters and continuing with our love of animals (many hours spent volunteering at the cat shelter:), we both have lost our dads, we both are just women that are friends.


We went out to the Mongolian Grill and then to see the movie "Nothing Like the Holidays". It was a really good family holiday movie. Oh how nice it is to just go out as a singular being and have fun! It means more than I think people realize, how important it is for SAHM's to get out and feel a little Independence. I have felt so tired and drained lately not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. What an important facet to our complex lives, we overlook, but direly need. Friends!


Thanks Cindy! I love you girl!