Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Snake Story

Tatum came home today with a story from one of her teacher's that made my jaw drop. I knew I had to share....



Her teacher aide has a friend that has a pet snake. She has had it for years and years and LOVES her snake. So much that at night she lets it sleep with her. It curls around her feet like a dog and sleeps. But this is no ordinary snake. It is 15 foot long snake. I believe it is a Boa Constrictor.

Now this woman has had it for years, and is crazy about it. (She sleeps with it, so I think she must be crazy!) Every day , she feeds it a rat to eat. Once a year, as a special treat she would feed it a bunny. (eww...I know...bare with me here)



So, things are going along year after year, and one day she notices that her snake is not eating so well. It is not eating it's mouse/rat a day. Not only that, but at night she has woken up and her snake is not curled up at her feet, but laying along side of her. Finally when it did not eat it's yearly bunny treat, she decided to take it to the vet to see what was wrong with it.



The Vet told her "Go right home, and put it in it's cage and lock it's door shut. Do not let it out, until it has eaten. It has been sizing you up at night, and therefore not eating, trying to make room."



Oh. My. Goodness.



It had been stretching out along side of her to see when it would be able to eat her!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It had not been eating so it would have room to eat her!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!



I was glad to hear that she had sold the snake after this. I have dully taken note, and know that we will never have a snake as a pet in our house. Holy Cow!