Friday, January 9, 2009

End of the Year Inventory

I saw these "end of the year" questions from Jen at The Fun House and thought it might be fun to tackle!




1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? decorated a real cake, with the piping and everything




2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes! Heather and I kicked butt going to the YMCA 3 times a week. With husbands, jobs, school, weather, sickness, and SEVEN kids between us...we DID IT!




.3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my neighbor and friend Amy. She has 4 and I have 4. Hers go Girl, boy, boy, girl too. I told her I was pregnant with Summer before I even told Mike (whoops!) and she told me before she even told her husband (I'll go to the grave denying it!) with her last baby too. It's a girl thing. We got a little crazy there for awhile dreaming/planning/hoping/plotting/ovulating. It was cool to have someone to talk to about.




4. Did anyone close to you die? thankfully no.




5. What countries did you visit? None




6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? To be debt free with our business




7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? For Mike's birthday I surprised him with his childhood friend coming to visit. Besides the High School reunion we had seen him at, Mike had not been with him in like 20 years. He was a safe spot from his childhood, and it was very cool to get them back together.



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think learning how to blog! I am not well coordinated when it comes to the computer, but with Heather's help, I have found a wonderful outlet for me to release my thoughts and share my pictures with family and friends.




9. What was your biggest failure? The family riff in which my grandma did not get taken care of properly. I did not get to help her, I lost one whole side of my dad's family in the process, and I feel I failed standing up enough for her. I feel disappointed in how family members handled themselves and I miss my grandmother terribly.




10. Did you suffer illness or injury? a bazillion sinus/ear/throat infections....but really nothing much besides that! I have headaches every day...but always have.




11. What was the best thing you bought? My brand new upright large capacity washer and dryer. I LOVE those guys!




12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Tatum has excelled in school with all A' s and B's. She is holding her own for her 1st year in High School.

Jake took the initiative on his own to sign up for school football, at an age that all the other boys had played for years. He endured huge physical workouts, heat, and earning his way off the sidelines.




13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? OJ Simpson




14. Where did most of your money go? probably food. Feeding 6 is expensive. I am not good at clipping coupons or thrift shopping. I admit I convenience shop. Something has to give...





15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? getting the baby's ear's pierced. Mike had told me he did not really want me too, but I really really wanted to. (Everyone kept calling her a boy, despite the pink dresses...she was a baldy) One winter day I packed that 10 month baby up with the boys and took her to the mall and had it done. The boys took it harder than her! They had to go ride the escalator up and down, to avoid hearing or seeing her cry. I was so nervous to show Mike, but sooo pleased with myself. I had waited 13 years for another little girl!!! And by golly, I had to pull my girl card on that one~!




16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I'm Yours, by Jason Mraz. Heather had it on her blog for the longest time, and it was the first place I heard it and LOVED it. Since then Mike has learned how to play it on guitar, and surprisingly Summer has learned the beat and syllables and showed me today in the car she knew it too! It was so cute!



17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? as happy as b) thinner or fatter? as thin as .c) richer or poorer? probably a little richer




18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Loved on my husband




19. What do you wish you’d done less of? yelled at my kids




20. How did you spend Christmas? home...all day....with Mike and the kids.




21. Did you fall in love in 2008? no




22. What was your favorite TV program? The Biggest Loser! Go Michelle!!!




23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no




24. What was the best book you read? Breaking Dawn. The best of the 4!



25. What was your greatest musical discovery? playlist for the blog. Now I have all my favorite songs listed, not loose up in my brain. (I really need an Ipod!)



26. What did you want and get? the 6 feet under DVD series. Love. That. Show.




27. What did you want and not get? a new camera. I want THE BOMB. I need to study up on it.




28. What was your favorite film of this year? Baby Mamma




29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 33 and I got a TATTOO! It was so fun! (well actually it was quite painful, and scary, but the rest of the night was FUN!)




30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If we could have worked things out with our dog. I am so sad that we had to put him down.




31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Old Navey/Kohls




32. What kept you sane? chocolate, workouts, Heather, God, Mike, Mom, zoloft.




33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Angelina Jolie




34. What political issue stirred you the most? Sarah Palin. Really excited to see a mom of many almost be our vice president!




35. Who did you miss? I miss my dad. It's been 11 years and it doesn't change anything.




36. Who was the best new person you met? Michelle (from heathersister)!...hopefully 2009 we will get together even more!




37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. The picture is so much bigger. Take time for God.



38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Life is long, if you give it away..."