Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mama Kat's Writing Prompts

I am going to try one of Mama Kat's writing assignments today, due to the lack of post ideas I could come up on my own. Hey! It can't hurt...I took creative writing in High School! Umm...I think this is where this story took place....(giggling to self..see that is foreshadowing!)

First off let's start with da rules..(from Mama Kat)
Your Assignment...Should You Choose To Accept *Edited To Add*
Directions:For you newbies it's never to late to jump in!! Here is what you must do. Choose a prompt that inspires you most. Write. Come back Thursday and paste your blog URL into the Mister Linky that will be up...this way anyone can click on your name and head over to your place to see what you wrote.Feel free to write on more than one prompt if you so desire. I do it all the time (ok not really but I INTEND to). But it's my game...and I don't know how to shut-up...so it should be expected. And remember the more comment love you give, the more comment love you get so comment comment away.
The Prompts:
1.) Describe your significant other's most attractive quality (on the inside).
2.) Tell about a time you stole something.
3.) Choose a poem you like. Take the last line and use it as the first line of your own poem. (creativewritingprompts.com)
4.) Write about a scary encounter with one of your old professors.


Alright, I choose #4.

There were a couple of years that when I look back upon in my past I cringe. I had some time in High School where I felt the need to sew my wild oats. I felt I was put upon, and invincible, and tomorrow was miles away, I lived wild and in each moment. I am not proud of all the things I have done in my past, but I do not wish them away, for they have made me who I am today.

I was in a Creative Writing class, in my Freshman or Sophomore year. I was lost in the crowd at that time, and desperately wanted to fit in anywhere that would take me. But I did not fit. I was barely passing most of my classes, but one thing I enjoyed was writing. The teacher on the other hand was a teenager's nightmare. She wore obnoxious floral prints, and was bitter from a recent divorce. She was thin and shrew like, and none of the kids liked her, so of coarse wanting to fit in neither did I.
But she like my writing. And would award my papers with encouraging comments. She didn't take any slack though, and wouldn't put up with any funny business in her class. She would drone on and on in class and it was like nails down a chalk board.
Now one day things had gone particularly bad with friend of mine in the hall before her class. I was feeling rebellious, and today was a test. As she passed it out and talked in her condescending tone, my anger grew and grew. People couldn't push me around. I was just as tough as anyone. Watch me! (yea..watch me be all dumb and get in big trouble here, I yi yi!)
On the back of my paper I wrote that dumb ol teacher a message. In Pig Latin (Umm future note to 15 year olds....yea teachers KNOW pig latin too!)

"UCKFA OUYA" it said

yep, I bad. I'm a bad , tough, you wanna mess wit me??**(&^*^&%^!

I walked out of there feeling all great and all.

Then came the next day when it was time to walk back in to the classroom.

And written across the board in bold letters was the words "UCKFA OUYA".

Yes, maim. I took my seat, and had to reevaluate this situation. Shit! (Sorry Mom if you are reading this...I know this is bringing back FUN memories:)

The teacher asked the class...."Does anyone know what this means???"

No one answered.

So, I figured if I had the balls to write it, I should be the one to say it. I raised my hand and stood up and "defined" it for the class.

Blushing a deep shade of crimson.



Okay Mama Kat................That was more painful than I imagined! Whew! Maybe I should have picked another #!