Monday, January 12, 2009

My Week of W's

WooHoo- The boys had their first basket ball games this weekend and did great! Matthew made a basket during his game. (they don't keep score at his age level-but he says they won:) Jake's team won their game and he totally ROCKED. He played 3 out of the 4 quarters and played so hard, he was light headed at one point.

Whine- I have become a human kleenex. Summer is sick and is weepy and drippy and feels the need to use me as a wipe. She just actually lifted my shirt and wiped her nose down my back a minute ago as we layed on the bed.

I need a shower.

Wisdom- Oh I am full of wisdom now that I am doing this bible reading every day. The pastor was right...bypass the ones you don't understand, but cling to the ones that speak to you. I read one the other day that "spoke to me" such meaning....see if it does to you too. Luke 8:4While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable: 5"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. 6Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
9His disciples asked him what this parable meant. 10He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, " 'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'
11"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

I think I like this so much because it doesn't just say that the ones that fell on rock didn't grow, and the ones that got sun prospered.... it said that there were seed that did grow but got choked by lifes pleasures, worries, and riches. That is so true. I do not want to be that seed.

Weakness-Today it was French Toast with lots of butter and syrup. YUM!

Worry-Looks like we are going to have to get Summer those tubes in her ears. Another double ear infection, and this is it for us I'm afraid. We go back to the ENT on February 2nd.

Want-a Wii Fit. So many people have been blogging about them and they seem FUN! I want to hula hoop and jump rope and get my score up, and lose weight too! Sign me up!

Wish-I wish my house was clean!

Weird-Tatum has exam's this week, but gets to get out of school early each day early when they are over if I pick her up. Like at noon. On Thursday she doesn't have to go to school at all! No note is needed or a phone call. They sure didn't do things like that when I was a freshman!