Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tatum's Birthday

Today was so awesome! I know it is Tatum's birthday, but we both really got to celebrate. You know that all T wanted for her birthday was a day out with mom...pedicures, lunch and shopping. But what I didn't realize was how FUN it would be for ME also.
The kids are on for "Fall Break", so there was no school today or Monday. Well because of this, I didn't have to get up at 6:30 for Tatum's bus and then get up for good at 7:30 for the boys bus. I slept in until 9:00!! WooHoo!! Then as we got ready to go, I handed the baby off to Mike, kissed the boys goodbye, and we were FREE!
We went and got pedicures first. Oh man, I love it! Tatum got black polish and it looked really cute!
Last time I went I was adventurous and got a deep purple, and I LOVED it. So this time, still feeling confidant from my liberating experience last time I chose a sparkly deep green. By the first nail I knew the mistake I had made. It did not look so good, but i was afraid to say anything. I wanted to give it a fair shot though.

Now I look like Shrek's sister---no lie!!! Oh well... it is starting to grow on me.

Then we went out to lunch. Tatum's pick. She chose Red Lobster. WOW, what a difference the wait is for 2 instead of 6! We were seated immediately. Tatum got shrimp and I got tilapia.
One thing when we all go out is we all drink water. Either that or we couldn't afford to go out much! So for her birthday I let her get a strawberry daiquiri (virgin of course!) She was so happy!
Here we tried to take a picture of ourselves in the restaurant.
Then we went to the mall. We got her a new winter coat and 3 pairs of jeans at Old Navy. We got her 5 shirts, blue plaid pj bottoms at American Eagle. She wanted to go to Ambercrombie and Fitch, but I told her that that was all I was buying. She had brought her own $ too, and still wanted to go check it out.


Ummm...Holy S**T! I cannot believe the prices in that place!!! Tatum wanted these paper thin shirts and they were $40. That is Forty Dollars. EACH! She used her own money, but with tax it was over $80. For 2 shirts!! Thank Goodness she is not one of those kids that expects clothes from those kind of places! It could never happen!
We also stopped at Bed, Body and Bath and she got some yummy shower gel.
Here she is modeling her new coat, new cammie, and her (ahem A&F) shirt.




Then it was time to get going on our dinner plans! Her best friend since childhood was coming over. These 2 girls have loved each other since they were 3 and 4. I can't imagine Tatum's birthday without Lindsey! We moved 3 years ago, and it has been hard for them not living right next door to each other anymore, but that hasn't stopped their bond. I babysat Lindsey for years, and she feels like one of my own. Her mother and I have been great friends through the years too, and we were finally going to have a chance to catch up some!

We made Tatum's favorite, Mexican.


Then she got to open Lindsey's gift, some bracelets and makeup.
While the kids ran amuck, showing Ms Cindy their Halloween costumes, latest hip hop routines, and Rock Band abilities, Cindy and I got to catch up on the latest news.
Now things are finally settling down. Lindsey is spending the night and the girls are upstairs watching a movie. The baby is in bed for the night. The boys....um I don't know where they are, but it's quite so it's not good. I better go find those guys.
Fifteen year ago, Mike and I at the beginning of our marriage, brought this sweet little soul into our lives. We have been so blessed to have had her. She is such a gift. She has been with us almost as long as we have been together! Happy Birthday Winterloo. We LOVE you!!!