Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Favorite Room in the House

When Mike and I first got married, I was all of 17 years old. I had no idea how to take care of a home, cook, or do laundry. It didn't matter though, I was IN LOVE! In the beginning Mike tried to do the laundry and gently show me how. I halfheartedly and haphazardly did. Some. We would truck off to the Laundry mat on his days off and make a time of it.
When Tatum was born, my grandma bought us a washer and dryer. I was all of 18 years old now, and had a baby. Laundry was not the priority for me getting through the days. My mom would come over and help alot. Our place had a squeezed in area that led to the back door where the washer and dryer was. Needless to say we hardly ever used that door because there was a PILES of Laundry.
When we got our 1st house, the basement was where the machines went. Cold, wet, and spiders. I was all of 22, with 2 kids and I started to try. I really did. Add another baby in there and I always felt like I was behind. I could never keep up.
Now I live in the nicest home I ever have in my life, this one even has a laundry ROOM too. But yup...throw another baby in the mix and Laundry was not one of my strong points. It still always had the upper hand. Yes, now I can tackle it, but it does not take long for it to take over again.
I have been dreaming of one of those big big machines, that can do like 12 pairs of jeans, and actually DRY them. I was getting sick of the machines running all day and it just wasn't quick enough. So I started to save. In a big pretzel jar for months and months. A couple times I thought I was getting close, but when we would go to the store, they would still be out of my price range. (stupid pedestals).

Finally the time has come......I got them suckers. And you know what? I can keep up! I'm doing it! I feel like I am actually getting the housewife thing down! Laundry is done daily and it no longer has the upper hand.


Welcome to my new Laundry Room....


I know...they are green!!! Isn't that great! The guy at the store said I was the first one in town to get this color.
The delivery guy seemed a little worried, and came into me and said "ya know mam'.........um the machines are green. Is that correct?"
Yes , Yes I love their color.

The Laundry Room also have the 4 kids growth chart that I painstakingly have transferred every move.


The Plantation Shutters, my friend had gotten at a rummage sale for $5!

Baby wets through her diaper? No problem.
Kid throws up in bed? Taken care of.
Husband bring home piled up gym clothes from car from last 6 weeks? Easy
Daily Laundry? I got it down pat now!
Do I like doing Laundry? umm..no, not really.
Do I Like my Laundry Room?? well, now I am all of 33 years old and because of the journey, I can appreciate it greatly. Yes, it is my favorite organized room in the house!