Thursday, September 18, 2008

Garbage Night

Okay people, I'm going to bare my soul a little. Please don't laugh. We all know we each have weird things about us all.
One of my FAVORITE days of the week is Garbage Night. I read a post recently that touched this subject, and a feel passionately about this topic. I love Garbage Night. I guess it's because I feel productive? I don't know. I love to see all the stuff that is cleared out from the house, being removed from my cluttered days. I look forward to it each week. It's like I get a fresh start...out with the old, in with the new. I am disappointed if I did not fill up all three cans...it's like I didn't do my job if I don't. Not that we waste anything...Mike and I always joke that the trash pickers never take from our pile because we don't have anything good. If it's in our trash...it ain't workin. We also recycle.
I guess it's sad that the picture above doesn't even show it all. There is still the swing base that the hurricane snapped, but we still have to unscrew so the garbage men will take it. I still have the litters boxes to empty. The overflowing recycling bin hasn't been drug out to the curb yet. (No...I guess what's sad is that my neighbors witnessed me taking a picture of my garbage!!)
Well with 6 in our family and 5 pets...it's bound to build up. Now I feel foolish.
Doesn't everyone feel this way???